The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
4. What supporting documents should be submitted with my amended return?
Examples of supporting documents include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Federal amended return and schedules
• Copies of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit report, notice, federal transcripts or other supporting
• Property tax statements/lease agreements for entire tax year in question
• Copy of W-2(s), and/or original or corrected 1099(s), 1099-R(s) and/or U.S. Schedule K-1(s)
• Driver's License/State Identification Card (front and back copy)
• Employer letter of verification (on company letterhead and signed by employer):
• days worked in/out of the city (attach work log, if applicable)
• wages earned and withholding withheld in the City