Skip to main content

7. I received a notice for a deceased taxpayer, what should I do?

The proper documentation must be filed with the Michigan Department of Treasury. Proper documentation can include the following:

  • A completed MI-1310 form and copy of death certificate
  • Complete Letters of Authority from the court

If there is a probate estate please provide the following information:

  • Probate case number
  • Date of death
  • Court where case was filed
  • Final date to file claim
  • Name and address of personal representative and
  • If the estate is open or closed

Always include a copy of the bill with your correspondence.

Information should be submitted to the address on the letter you received.