Skip to main content

1. I am a Personal Representative for a deceased taxpayer. What documents are required?

The State of Michigan requires one of the following when claiming a refund for a deceased taxpayer:

  1. If a Personal Representative has petitioned the Court for Letters of Authority, a copy is required. If not, see #2.
  2. File a Claim for Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer (MI-1310) and attach a copy of the death certificate.

Mail the appropriate documentation along with the final return to the address on the bottom of the return.