Skip to main content

3. What should I do if I have a check for a deceased taxpayer?

Write “VOID” across the face of the check and mail it with a request for replacement, along with the following documents attached:

  1. A Claim for Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer (MI-1310)
  2. A copy of the death certificate, or Letters of Authority. If a Personal Representative has petitioned the court for Letters of Authority, a copy is required.

Allow 60 to 90 days for review.

Mail to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Office of Financial Services
P.O. Box 30788
Lansing, MI 48909