Skip to main content

What if I disagree with the amount owed?

A 10-Day Demand for Payment is issued based on the acceptance of the balance due on the originally filed return. Please review your records and carefully review the submitted return.

If you have questions about the balance, you may contact the City Tax Administration at 517-636-5829.

If you need to make changes to your return, see the FAQ listed under filing requirements, “What should I do if I received another W-2, or have discovered an error on my return after I filed?"

If you file an amended return, ensure that you have included any documentation to support the changes.
View Amended Return FAQs