Individual Income Tax
Common Income Tax and Related Questions
- Where is my state tax refund and how do I update my address with Treasury?
- My return is under review. How do I resolve this?
- Where can I find the tax forms I need?
- Who can help me with my tax preparation questions?
- How can I make an income tax payment?
- I am a victim of identity theft, what do I do?
- I have a debt. Where can I find information on collections issues?
- What is Offer In Compromise?
- I need information on City of Detroit Income Tax
- Individual Income Tax FAQs
The Office of the Taxpayer Advocate DOES NOT provide current year income tax refund status information.
A taxpayer may check his or her refund status online or submit an account specific question by visiting www.michigan.gov/iit and clicking on “Where’s My Refund?” The online self-service tool is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A taxpayer may also call Treasury’s Customer Service line (517-636-4486) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday – Friday (excluding government holidays). Taxpayers must have a copy of the return in question available when checking statuses online or by phone as they will be required to supply specific information from the return for security purposes.
Taxpayers should allow approximately two weeks before checking on e-filed returns, and 6 to 8 weeks before checking on paper returns filed by mail. If a return is pending review and the taxpayer has a hardship, such as an eviction, foreclosure, or utility shut off, please complete the I still need assistance form and attach the official notice.