Skip to main content

What forms of payment are accepted for the initial offer payment?

The initial offer payment can be made in the form of a check or money order made payable to the “Michigan Department of Treasury-Offer in Compromise.” Include your Collections account number and assessment number(s) on your payment. Treasury also accepts credit/debit cards for payment at Be sure to check the “I have made an online payment” box on Form 5181 of your offer in compromise application.