The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Suspected Tax Fraud
To report a business or individual of suspected fraud or criminal activity involving Michigan taxes, please use one of the following methods:
- Email your concerns and all pertinent information to:
- Mail your concerns and all pertinent information to:
Discovery and Tax Enforcement
Michigan Dept of Treasury
Attn: Fraud Unit
P.O. Box 30140
Lansing, MI 48909
- Call 517-636-4157 to leave a message with your concerns and all pertinent information. Please speak slowly and clearly as you will not speak to an operator.
- Fax your concerns and all pertinent information to 517-763-0258.
Due to confidentiality, investigations and results will not be shared with you. You may remain anonymous if you prefer.
Please include as much detail as possible about the suspected business or individual(s) including, if available:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Description of the alleged fraud or criminal activity
- Type of Michigan tax involved
- Date the activity took place
For other tax fraud situations, also consider reporting to one of the following agencies:
- Internal Revenue Service for federal taxes
- Payroll Fraud Unit with the Michigan Attorney General’s Office for payroll taxes or issues
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity for Michigan unemployment