Skip to main content

Medical Identity Theft FAQ

What should I do if I received a call from a bill collector about a medical bill for a doctor that I never saw?

  • Notify your health plan if you suspect identity theft.
  • Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to file a complaint at or by phone at 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338).