The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Individual Income Tax
Walk-in customer service is no longer available at Operations Center.
For Questions or help, please submit an inquiry through the IIT eService or call 517-636-4486.
New Income Tax Guidance
MI EITC for Working Families
A Michigan tax credit for
"Retirement Tax" Rollback
Additional tax subtraction
options for retirees.
2023 Income Tax Cut
The 2023 Michigan income tax rate change was announced on March 29, 2023.
More Individual Income Tax Resources
Information and Reference
Credits and Exemptions
- Mortgage Foreclosure or Home Repossession and Your Michigan Individual Income Tax Return
- TABLE A: 2022 Home Heating Credit (MI-1040CR-7) Standard Allowance
- TABLE B: 2022 Home Heating Credit (MI-1040CR-7) Alternate Credit Computation
- Home Heating Credit And Shared Housing Situations
- Homestead Property Tax Credit Information
- Home Heating Credit Information
Special Filing Situations
- Income Tax Act
- Income Tax Rules
- School District Codes Updated for 2022
- Legal (Revenue Administrative Bulletins, Directives, Statutes)
- State Tax Agency Website
- Inheritance Tax Frequently Asked Questions
- Michigan Income Tax Treatment of Employee Benefits for Same-Sex Spouses
- Michigan Income Tax Filing Status for Married Same-Sex Couples