Skip to main content

Do I include the full amount of unemployment income received in total household resources (THR)?

Yes, 100% of your unemployment income without any deduction must be included in total household resources on the forms below: 

  • Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim form MI-1040CR, on line 23
  • Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim for Veterans and Blind People form MI-1040CR-2, on line 22
  • Home heating Credit Claim form MI-1040CR-7, on line 28.
  • For farmland preservation tax credit claimants, report 100% of unemployment income using the corresponding line on Form MI-1040CR, MI-1040CR-2 or MI-1040CR-7.