Skip to main content

Do I need to include my spouse's income in total household resources if we lived together all year and filed married filing separately?

Yes, spouses who file separate Michigan income tax returns but shared a homestead for the entire year are entitled to one property tax credit. The credit must be based on the total household resources of both spouses. You must include a completed Form 5049, Worksheet for Married, Filing Separately and Divorced or Separated Claimants.