Because Treasury has started issuing the expanded Michigan EITC supplemental check payments for tax year 2022, it is no longer necessary to view or manually update your address. If you moved between last year and now, please be sure your new address is on your 2023 individual income tax return filing.
If I moved during the year, may I claim a homestead property tax credit?
You may be eligible to claim a homestead property tax credit if all of the following apply:
- Your homestead is in Michigan.
- You were a resident of Michigan for at least six months during the year.
- You own or are contracted to pay rent and occupy a Michigan homestead on which property taxes were levied.
- If you own your home, your taxable value is $154,400 or less.
- Your total household resources are $67,300 or less. Part-year residents must annualize total household resources to determine if the credit reduction applies.
- Your total household resources do not consist solely of payments received from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services