Skip to main content

Why was my homestead property tax credit adjusted?

Your return was adjusted based on the information provided and/or information available from other sources.

A detailed explanation was sent describing the adjustments made to your return. If you disagree with the adjustment(s), submit documentation to support your claim. If you have additional questions, you may inquire about the adjustments using the Michigan Individual Income Tax e-Services portal.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

  1.  Select "more" on the “Inquiries” option
  2.  Then select “Inquire about Other Topics”
  3.  You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
  • Primary filer’s Social Security number
  • Primary filer’s last name
  • Tax year
  • Filing status
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
    • If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-