Skip to main content

How do I change my address with the Department of Treasury?

You may change your address using self-service or by mail. 

For self-service, there are two options: Account Services or Guest Services.

1. If you use Account Services, select “Change My Address” once you have logged in.

Note: When you create a MILogin account, you are only required to answer the verification questions one time for each tax year. If you have previously established a MILogin account you may use the same username and password for multiple state agency access. (Treasury, Secretary of State, Unemployment/UIA) 

2. If you use Guest Services, select “Change My Address” and you will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:

  • Primary filer’s Social Security number
  • Primary filer’s last name
  • Tax year
  • Filing status
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
    • If your  AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-

Note: Include the AGI/THR and tax year for which you are inquiring.

Mail your address change request to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Customer Contact Section
P O Box 30058
Lansing MI 48909