Skip to main content

16. Where do I subtract income based on my status as a RTM?

An RTM's exempt wage income may be subtracted on line 20 of the MI-1040 Schedule 1 (regardless of where earned). The RTM should indicate "Resident Tribal Member Income" on the space provided. Please note that an RTM may only subtract exempt income for the period for which they qualified as an RTM (see definitions for RTM.)