Skip to main content

8. If I don't have a federal adjusted gross income and am not required to file a Michigan income tax return (see answer to question 20 to verify whether they must file a MI 1040), can I file a 4013 without the Michigan income tax return?

In order to receive the 4013 annual sales tax credit you must file it with a Michigan income tax return. When filling out the Michigan income tax return, simply enter a "1" where the federal adjusted gross income would go and fill out the remainder of the return.