Welcome to the Talent Investment Agency (TIA)
TIA is the agency that combines Michigan Unemployment Insurance and Workforce Development, and is responsible for their activities. Businesses need a talented workforce. Workers need the right skills to compete for available jobs. TIA programs are focused on job preparedness, career-based education, worker training, employment assistance and unemployment insurance.
TIA Director Wanda Stokes was recently joined by Governor Rick Snyder, state lawmakers and educators in celebration of the 2017 MAT2 graduating class.
The Michigan Advanced Technician Training Program or MAT2 is the state's premier high-tech manufacturing apprenticeship program. MAT2 is a public-private collaboration in which employers pay tuition for an apprentice's associate degree and provide on-the-job training with pay. Upon graduation, students receive a full-time job in an in-demand field.
The 46 graduates of this year's class were MAT2's Mechatronics, Technical Product Design, and Information Technology program students at Henry Ford, Macomb, and Oakland Community Colleges.
The ceremony, held at the Michigan Library and Historical Forum in Lansing, also recognized representatives from the 22 companies that sponsored the students from the three colleges.
For information on the MAT2 program visit www.mitalent.org/mat2.
Request a TIA Speaker
The Talent Investment Agency supports business growth and a diverse skilled workforce through strategic partnerships by ensuring that citizens are well-informed of the impact of our programs and services. To facilitate that mission, our Communications Office provides face-to-face interaction with organizations that want to learn more about the programs and services of this agency.
Speakers Available for:
Workshops | Staff Trainings | Events
Special Engagements | Program Information
- Michigan Talent Investment Agency Awards Over $1.8 Million in Going PRO Apprenticeship Readiness Grants Statewide
- 2018 Unemployment Insurance Tax Rates Projected to Drop an Average of 4.5%
Significant savings to employers across Michigan
- Talent Investment Agency awards $29 million in Skilled Trades Training Fund grants to help create 7,600 jobs, retain 19,800
Program helps residents gain in-demand skills, and employers compete around the world
Jobs in Michigan
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
Pure Michigan Talent Connect is your launch pad for new jobs, careers and talent. It is an online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers, and serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders who support Michigan's workforce. Pure Michigan Talent Connect serves as the state's labor exchange system.
- Workforce Development Agency The Workforce Development Agency (WDA) promotes a flexible, innovative, and effective workforce system within the State of Michigan. To accomplish this, the WDA supports a demand driven workforce system, assists the structurally unemployed with financial independence, advocates for the integration of workforce development into the K-12 school system, and supports the alignment of workforce development with economic development efforts.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).