Information for Teens
How do you know what is true and what isn't when surfing the internet? Below you will find accurate health information and resources especially for teens.
- What is happening with teens in Michigan and what are my rights?
- What options do I have for preventing pregnancy?
- Do you still have questions about sex that need answers?
- If I want more information, where do I go?
Knowledge is PowerKnow what is happening with teens in Michigan and what your rights are to get the healthcare you need.
Options for Preventing PregnancyIf you are choosing to have sex, there is a "menu of options" available that you should consider when deciding which safer sex behaviors may work for you.
You may have had discussions about sex with your parents, health teachers or friends and still you have questions. These documents will give you the answers to some of the most common questions you or your friends may have.
- Teen Chat: A Guide to Discussing Healthy Relationships
- Sexual Health Rights and Responsibilities
- Myths and Facts About Sex
- The Responsibilities of Parenting - R U Ready? A Young Adult Teaching Packet
- If You Think Saying "No" is Tough, Just Wait 'til You Say "Yes"
- You Didn't Get Pregnant. You Didn't Get AIDS. So Why Do You Feel So Bad?
- Michigan's Safe Delivery of Newborns Fact Sheet
Teen Friendly Web SitesFor more information from sources you can trust visit these websites. See the "resources/websites" tab for additional websites.
- Advocates for Youth
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Stay Teen
- The Safe Space