MI Classroom Heroes Grant Submission System for the Teacher and School Support Staff COVID-19 Grants
The purpose of the MI Classroom Heroes Grant Submission System for the Teacher and School Support Staff COVID-19 Submission System is for school districts and nonprofit nonpublic schools to submit their final list of eligible classroom teachers and support staff to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
MI Classroom Heroes Grant Distribution and Appeals
- The second round of payments were distributed March 15, 2021. Districts and nonprofit nonpublic school appeals are due to the Department of Treasury no later than April 9. Checks for district and nonprofit nonpublic appeals will be issued to eligible teachers and school support staff around May 31, 2021 using the Michigan eSignature process.
- If a school district or nonprofit nonpublic school has discovered clerical errors in its eligibility list submission and wants to correct those errors, school personnel may request a revision to their eligibility list. To request a revision to a district's or nonprofit nonpublic school's eligibility list, a written appeal with supporting documentation must be submitted to the state Treasury Department with a copy of the claimant(s)' Form 5734, Teacher and School Support Staff COVID-19 Grants Certification, TSSC19 Grant Excel Template spreadsheet, and any supporting documentation.
- The entire eligibility list does NOT need to be resubmitted. Districts or nonprofit nonpublic schools should submit one comprehensive eligibility list with revision requests, including all the required information, related to the identified clerical errors. All appeals and supporting documentation are required to be submitted through the state Treasury Department's eSignature website and received no later than April 9, 2021.
- TSSC19 Grant Submission Instructions
- TSSC19 District Template including Instructions
- TSSC19 Grant Topics - Change of Address
For more information about the eSignature solution please email Treas-TSSC19-Technical-Support@michigan.gov.
Thank you for all you do for our children and our state during these extraordinary times.