Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Annual Return Due Feb. 28Contact: See contact information below.
Feb. 4, 2019
The Michigan Department of Treasury is reminding business taxpayers that the Sales, Use and Withholding Tax annual return filing deadline is rapidly approaching.
All Sales, Use and Withholding — SUW for short — taxpayers are required to submit their annual return by Feb. 28. Businesses filing annual returns can go paperless by using Michigan Treasury Online.
“SUW taxpayers are required to submit an annual return,” said Deputy State Treasurer Glenn White, who oversees Treasury’s Tax Administration programs. “Filing online through Michigan Treasury Online makes things easier for the taxpayer and the processing team. The online platform also provides additional services to help business taxpayers.”
Michigan Treasury Online enables business taxpayers to:
- Electronically register for business taxes.
- Electronically file and pay SUW taxes.
- View and print correspondence issued by the state Treasury Department.
- Review and update business account information.
- Self-delegate specific functions to perform on behalf of the business.
Due to the severe winter weather emergency, wage statements — W-2s and 1099s — should now be submitted to the state Treasury Department on or before Feb. 7. They should not be filed with the annual SUW return
# # #