The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC City Meeting Minutes August 29 2022
Detroit Financial Review Commission
CITY REGULAR MEETING
Monday, August 29, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.
Remotely Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: September 19, 2022
- Call to Order
- Chairperson, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order 1:00 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) commission members eligible to vote were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of the Proposed Minutes from the July 25, 2022, Regular City Meeting
- Motion made by commissioner Rose and seconded by commissioner Nicholson, to approve the draft minutes of the commission’s city meeting as presented. Motion moved and supported; the commission approved the minutes of the above city meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the city’s monthly report ending June 30, 2022, the city continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waiver at this time.
- Mr. Dostine informed the Commission that the city of Detroit filed its motion with the bankruptcy court August 3rd asking the court to enforce the Plan of Adjustment and the 30-year amortization for the UAAL for the PFRS system.
- Mr. Dostine also informed the meeting that the FRC’s September 2022 meeting was being held 1 week earlier than usual due to the Rosh Hashanah holiday.
- Mr. Dostine recognized the recent retirement of the city of Detroit’s chief procurement officer.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- City Regular Meeting: Monday, September 19, 2022, at 1:00 p.m., using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Nicholson to adjourn. The commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:12 p.m.
Members Present – 8
- Dr. J. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- Chris Harkins
- David Nicholson
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry(non-voting)
- Jay Rising
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito (non-voting)
Members Absent –2
- Mary Sheffield
- John Walsh