The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC City Meeting Minutes July 25 2022
Detroit Financial Review Commission
CITY REGULAR MEETING
Monday, July 25, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.
Remotely Using Microsoft Teams
Approved August 29, 2022
- Call to Order
- Madam Chair, designate, Jessica Thomas called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m.
- The meeting was informed that Madam Chair, Rachael Eubanks, for the Detroit Financial Review Commission will not attend this meeting and Madam Chair, designate, Jessica Thomas will chair the FRC’s 7-25-2022 monthly meetings in her absence.
- In addition, in accordance with Public Act 181 of 2014, the Michigan Financial Review Commission Act (the "Act"), MCL 141.1631-141.1643, Jessica Thomas, State Bureau Administrator, Bureau of Local Government and School Services, will serve as designee and a member of the Financial Review Commission for the City of Detroit and the Financial Review Commission for the School District of the City of Detroit and the Detroit Public Schools Community District meetings on Monday, July 25, 2022.
- Pursuant to Section 5(5) of the Act, MCL 141.1635(5), in the absence of Chairperson, Rachael Eubanks from a Commission meeting, Jessica Thomas, will serve as Chairperson of the Commission for the Monday, July 25, 2022, meeting.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) commission members eligible to vote were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of the Proposed Minutes from the June 27, 2022, Regular City Meeting
- Motion made by commissioner Rose and seconded by commissioner Nicholson, to approve the draft minutes of the commission’s city meeting as presented. Motion moved and supported; the commission approved the minutes of the above city meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the city’s monthly report ending May 31, 2022, the city continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waiver at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- City Regular Meeting: Monday, August 29, 2022, at 1:00 p.m., using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Barnwell to adjourn. The commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:17 p.m.
Members Present – 7
- Dr. J. Barnwell
- Chris Harkins
- David Nicholson
- Jay Rising
- Ron Rose
- Jessica Thomas
- Jeremy Vidito (non-voting)
Members Absent –3
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry(non-voting)
- Mary SheffieldJohn Walsh