The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC City Meeting Minutes March 28 2022
Detroit Financial Review Commission
CITY REGULAR MEETING
Monday, March 28, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.
Remotely Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: April 25, 2022
- Call to Order
- Chairperson, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order 1:00 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) commission members eligible to vote were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of the Proposed Minutes from the February 28, 2022, Regular City Meeting
- Motion made by commissioner Rose and seconded by commissioner Nicholson, to approve the draft minutes of the commission’s city meeting as presented. Motion moved and supported; the commission approved the minutes of the above city meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the city’s monthly report ending January 31, 2022, the city continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waiver at this time.
- A discussion ensued regarding correspondence received from the Office of the Chief Financial Officer relatingto the potential fiscal impact of a proposed “Right to Counsel” Ordinance. Chief Financial Officer Jay Rising participated in the discussion and addressed questions that were raised.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- City Regular Meeting: Monday, April 25, 2022, at 1:00 p.m., using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Walsh to adjourn. The commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:16 p.m.
Members Present – 7
- Dr. J. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- David Nicholson
- Jay Rising
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito (non-voting)
- John Walsh
Members Absent –3
- Chris Harkins
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry(non-voting)
- Mary Sheffield