The Michigan Talent Investment Agency operates the unemployment insurance program. This program provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded through unemployment taxes paid by employers.
Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
Claimants and employers will now be required to verify their contact information when they log into MiWAM. New "Verify Employer/Claimant Contact Information" screens will ask employers and claimants to verify their contact information, including address, phone number and email address. You must confirm that you have reviewed and updated your contact information before you can proceed with your login.
We have extended our service hours! UI customer service phone lines are now available Monday through Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. For in-person assistance, unemployment Insurance local offices in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw and Lansing will be open from 7 AM to 5 PM on Mondays, 8 AM to 7PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, and 8 AM to 5 PM on Thursday and Friday. All other local offices will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Click here for a list of local offices.
- 2018 Unemployment Insurance Seminars
The Talent Investment Agency is offering free seminars to acquaint employers with the Unemployment Insurance system in Michigan.
- Michigan Employer Advisor - Summer 2018
The Summer 2018 Michigan Employer Advisor newsletter is now available.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- UI Employer Services Brochure
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees