If you are currently participating in TIA workforce development programs or collecting unemployment benefits, the Federal government shutdown will not impact your participation or current claim for unemployment insurance benefits. Unemployment recipients must continue to certify for benefits every two weeks, conduct an active work search, and report any earnings you have while collecting benefits. For more information, including information regarding furlough guidance for federal employees, please review the
New Login process to access your MiWAM account
MILogin is a new single sign on system that connects your unemployment account through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) and your jobseeker account through Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC). You must create a MILogin account before you can create or access your MiWAM account.
Visit our MILogin page for more information on how to set up your account or how to associate your MILogin and MiWAM accounts.
Click HERE for other available options for filing for benefits, claiming weeks of benefits, responding to fact-finding requests or registering for work.
All Unemployment Insurance offices will be closed in observance of Martin Luther King Day, January 21, 2019. Due to the holiday, please allow a two to three-day delay before your benefit payment is deposited to your financial institution or loaded onto your debit card.
To contact us about a benefit claim, please call 1-866-500-0017 or find your closest Unemployment Insurance Local Office here.
The Saginaw Unemployment Insurance Office has moved to a new location. Visit us at 515 N. Washington Ave., Suite 100, beginning Monday, January 14, 2019. The office is open Mon-Tues 7 AM - 6 PM, Wed. 7 AM - 5 PM and Thurs - Fri 8 AM- 5PM.
When you select the "Go Green" option, you are choosing to receive correspondence from TIA-UI electronically. This means standard letters, and notices will be placed in your MiWAM account. For added convenience and efficiency, claimants and employers who choose to Go Green:
- WIll receive an initial acknowledgement by postal mail that you've elected to receive correspondence electronically;
- When you receive correspondence frm TIA-UI, you will receive an email alerting you that you have new correspondence in your MiWAM account.
- Michigan Employer Advisor - Winter-2018
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- UI Employer Services Brochure
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees