- Business Solutions Professional Network A professional network representing workforce development, economic development, education, and community development professionals who are trained and certified in leveraging state and local resources to provide solutions to meet business demand centered around talent,business growth and decline, infrastructure, and other challenges preventing the business from competing globally.
- Labor Market Information (LMI) This is your one-stop source for reliable information on recent employment trends, wages, detailed industries, and jobs in demand. It also is a great source of economic information on Michigan regions and counties.
- Michigan Industry Cluster Workforce Reports
These industry cluster briefings analyze several labor market measures including employment concentration, trends, and forecasts; key occupations; education program completers; real-time job ads; and workforce demographics.
- Michigan Labor Market Information Fast Facts
Your source for recent employment trends, wages, detailed industries, and jobs in demand.
- Michigan Training Connect (MiTC) formerly (CECR)
State of Michigan's official eligible training provider list.
- Michigan Works Association Oversee a statewide network of over 100 Service Centers where employers connect with skilled job seekers.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect Your launch pad for new jobs, careers, and talent.
- Regional Prosperity Initiative The Regional Prosperity Initiative is a voluntary competitive grant process that is included in the Governor’s FY 2014 Executive Budget Recommendation to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies. The legislature approved the recommended process and the Regional Prosperity Initiative was signed into law as a part of the FY 2014 budget (59 PA 2013).
- Skilled Trades Training Fund (STTF)
Established in 2013 by Governor Snyder and the Legislature, the Skilled Trades Training Fund (STTF) helps employers meet their talent needs. Four years later, the STTF is on track to train over 50,000 workers with more than 1,400 employers taking advantage of the program.
“Michigan families continue to benefit from a growing economy and a declining unemployment rate,” Snyder said. “Despite these positive trends, there are still too many skilled trades jobs that employers are struggling to fill. The Skilled Trades Training Fund is an excellent resource that helps employers provide the training that enhances their talent base. The result is more and better jobs for Michigan workers.”
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Implementation As provided under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), this provides a snap shot of information regarding direct delivery of required youth services and requirements regarding: work experience, out of school youth expenditures and individuals who require additional assistance due to a barrier.
- Youth and Young Adults and the Michigan Labor Market
This study examines the important topic of teens and young adults in the labor market. This report provides workforce development professionals with timely, relevant, and accurate information on subjects including: demographics, labor force, and unemployment; industry and occupational employment; educational attainment and job market success; migration of youth; and employment and skill outlook.
- Career Pathways
The Career Pathways Community of Practice helps workforce development leaders, practitioners, and policymakers expand state and local career pathways efforts currently underway or being planned. This CoP will enhance your knowledge, skills, and expertise in building effective career pathways systems.
- United States Department of Labor - Employment & Training Administration
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) administers federal government job training and worker dislocation programs, federal grants to states for public employment service programs, and unemployment insurance benefits. These services are primarily provided through state and local workforce development systems.