The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Statewide Housing Partnership
The Statewide Housing Partnership was created by Gov. Whitmer's Executive Order No. 2022-10 within the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). The partnership will develop a strategy to implement Michigan’s Statewide Housing Plan and ensure that every Michigander has access to affordable housing that meets their needs. Additionally, Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist joined the Michigan Economic Development Corporation in Lansing to announce Michigan Strategic Fund approval of $83.8 million in grant funding across 22 statewide affordable housing and community development projects around Michigan through the Revitalization and Placemaking Program.
The Council will dissolve on September 6, 2024, or such other time as the governor directs.
Individuals interested in participating in the Statewide Housing Partnership should complete the appointments application here. The Governor's office is currently accepting applications to fill the following 18 positions:
1. (2) representatives of philanthropic or nonprofit organizations that promote the welfare of others through funding or programing
2. (2) representatives of community development or advocacy organizations that provide services or housing to families or support other organizations who do
3. (2) representatives of business advocacy organizations
4. (3) representatives of development associations or organizations, which might include organizations representing realtors, builders, and planners
5. (2) representatives of the finance industry, which might include banking institutions, credit unions, or their respective associations
6. (2) representatives of local government, which might include representatives from county or municipal government associations
7. (1) representative of a tribal government located within this state
8. (2) representatives of organizations that advocate in support of access to resources and services for marginalized individuals and families
9. (2) individuals with lived experience of housing instability
Director, Michigan State Housing Authority, or their designee (Chair)
Director, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, or their designee
Chair, State Landbank Authority Board of Directors, or their designee
Chair, Michigan Strategic Fund Board of Directors, or their designee
Director, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, or their designee