- State of Michigan Earth Day Event
The Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), and the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) will come together to celebrate Earth Day on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at Constitution Hall in Lansing, Michigan.
- Brownfield Flip - The Village at Grand Traverse Commons
The Grand Traverse Commons in Traverse City was a spooky, abandoned state hospital. Thanks to state brownfield incentives, the inviting historic buildings, surrounded by hundreds of acres of public parkland, now house restaurants, shops, offices, and condominiums. Check out this video to find out how financial incentives and technical assistance from the MDEQ helped Grand Traverse County clean up and safely reuse this brownfield site.
- Nestlé Waters North America's Submittal of a Permit Application Information Package, under Section 17 of the Michigan Safe Drinking Water Act
Submit comments concerning the Nestle Permit Application until April 21, 2017.
- Solid Waste and Recycling Advisors: SWSAP and GRC
New reports recommend sustainable waste materials management.
- Registration is now open for the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Green Infrastructure Conference
Join over 1,000 engineers, landscape architects, water quality professionals, government officials (local, state, provincial, and federal), developers, planners, academia, drain and road agencies, conservation and non-profit organizations and hear how people are using green infrastructure across the landscape with a primary goal of protecting the surface waters in the Great Lakes region.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Innovative Initiatives Proposed to Promote Greener Communities; New reports recommend sustainable waste materials management
- Charlevoix County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority awarded cleanup grant for new Save-A-Lot Grocery Store
- Former Milford Gas Station to Become Mixed-Use Development; Nearly $600,000 will pay for contamination cleanup
- National Water Infrastructure Conference in Flint Brings Together Experts to Examine Need for Reinvestment in Water Infrastructure
- City of Flint's Water System Continues to Meet Federal Lead and Copper Rule, Well Below Action Level
- Nestlé Permit Application Public Comment Period Extended - Comments due April 21; Public hearing April 12 MORE NEWS