- Registration open for Michigan Waste and Materials Management Conference!
Join us to learn about hazardous waste, solid waste, and liquid industrial by-product regulations. Hear about important state-wide regulatory changes, emerging issues, and the practicalities of using unwanted materials as a resource to promote economic vitality, ecological integrity, and an improved quality of life for current and future generations.
December 13-14, Novi, Michigan
- MDEQ Minute - Open Burning
Got a minute? Learn what can and cannot be legally burning in the State of Michigan. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/openburning if you are a home owner, local government or fire department to learn more about open burning and its potential health effects and the laws that govern it.
- Brownfield Flip - Capital City Riverfront
When Lansing, Michigan revitalized its riverfront, its biggest challenge was an obsolete power plant in the heart of downtown. Its redevelopment, with help from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, changed the riverfront and the city. Now headquarters for an insurance company, the brownfield redevelopment created jobs, attracted new talent to Lansing, and built a thriving neighborhood. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Flint's Water Continues to Test Well Below Federal Action Level, Several Facets of Water Quality Testing Show
- State of Michigan Releases Diesel Emissions Reduction Act Clean Diesel Funding Opportunity
- Invitation for Public to Attend Information Session Regarding Proposed State Lead and Copper Rule Reforms
- Grand Rapids awarded Brownfield Grant to redevelop former dry cleaner property
- Line 5 independent alternatives analysis final report available for public review
- State of Michigan Forgives City of Flint's Drinking Water Revolving Fund Loans MORE NEWS