DATABASE DOWNLOADS - WHERE TO FIND DIGITAL DATAContact: Oil, Gas, and Minerals Division 517-582-3446
INTERNET MAPPING/DATA ACCESS APPLICATIONS
- GeoWebFace - 120 oil & gas and geological layers Application Website User Guide
- Data Portal (work in progress) Application User Guide About Data Portal
OIL & GAS WELL DOCUMENTS
Permit Well Files
Raster Logs (Downhole geophysical logs, mostly in .tiff, .pdf, and .las format)
Note: Documents from the last 1.5 years are compiled quarterly and are in the Updates folder on the GeoWebFace FTP site (for bulk download by county). About Oil and Gas Well Documents (documents are not currently available in Data Portal).
- Well Locations Shapefiles - GeoWebFace FTP Site. Includes 4 shapefiles, updated nightly, bottom hole locations, surface locations, directional lines, and abandoned wells. Also includes ArcGIS layer files for each layer. Data are Michigan GeoRef NAD 1983, meters
- Well Locations Database – GeoWebFace FTP Site
- Michigan GIS Open Data Portal - http://gis-michigan.opendata.arcgis.com/ Includes oil and gas surface locations and directional lines. One can download entire datasets as a shapefile (latitude/longitude - WGS 1984), spreadsheet (.csv), or KML. Otherwise one can filter on one of the attributes under the 'table tab' (example: CNTY_NAME OTSEGO) to only download OTSEGO county wells as a shapefile, .csv or .kml file types.
GEOLOGIC FORMATION TOPS
OIL AND GAS PRODUCTION
- Application and Permit Materials– GeoWebFace FTP Site