- Great Lakes Shorelands Management Program
Part 323, Shorelands Protection and Management, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 Public Act 451, as amended is the key state statute providing consumer protection from the natural hazards of coastal erosion and flooding as well as environmental protection of our fragile coastal areas. Part 323 is closely integrated with Part 325, the Great Lakes Submerged Lands, Part 353, Sand Dunes Protection and Management, and the Coastal Management Program which provides grants to state and local units of government.
If you have any questions about Michigan's Shorelands Management Program, contact Kate Lederle, phone 517-284-5564, or write to Water Resources Division, DEQ, P.O. Box 30458, Lansing MI 48909-7958.
This page can be accessed as www.mi.gov/shorelands
- MiWaters - an online permitting and compliance database
- MDEQ/USACE Joint Permit Application
- Common Activities Requiring a Permit
- High Risk Erosion Area Permit Fees
- Application Drawing: House
- Application Drawing: House with Existing Shore Protection
- Application Drawing: Addition
- Checklist for Application Completeness
- Application for Permit Transfer