Transportation Review UnitContact: Jim Watling 517-284-5504
The Transportation Review Unit of the Water Resources Division reviews permit applications submitted by Public Transportation Agencies under a Memorandum of Understanding between the Michigan Department of Transportation and the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
Applications submitted by Public Transportation Agencies should be mailed to:
WRD - TFHU
PO Box 30458
Lansing, MI 48909-7958
As part of the Water Resources Division, this unit is responsible for four main areas:
- Provide hydraulic review and support for new or replacement bridges and culverts for Public Transportation Agencies (PTA(s)).
- Provide environmental review and permit processing for new or replacement bridges, culverts, and road projects for PTA(s).
- Provide environmental review and permit processing for public airports.
- Assisting PTA(s) before submitting an application in key items to consider or avoid
For a list of key contacts, check out the staff directory.
Projects are reviewed under authority of the following parts of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended and rules promulgated by the Water Resources Division:
- Part 31 Water Resources Protection
- Part 91 Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Part 301 Inland Lakes and Streams
- Part 303 Wetlands Protection