MDEQ/USACE Joint Permit Application
The MDEQ/USACE "Joint Permit Application" (JPA) package covers permit requirements derived from state and federal rules and regulations for construction activities where the land meets the water. This JPA is intended to prevent duplication of state and federal permitting. The application covers activities on or for: Wetlands, Floodplains, Marinas, Dams, Inland Lakes and Streams, Great Lakes Bottomlands, Critical Dunes, and High Risk Erosion Areas.
The JPA should be submitted through MiWaters, our online permitting site. When submitting through MiWaters, the entire JPA, and all required documents, must be uploaded as attachments to the MiWaters online submittal. Online payment of permit application fees is also submitted through MiWaters. The status of applications as well as current Public Notice and Hearing Notices can be searched and viewed in MiWaters.
Save time and Money - Request a Pre-Application Meeting with Permitting Staff.
This page can be accessed as www.michigan.gov/jointpermit.
- Downloadable Application
- Application Appendices
- Application Instructions
- Fees (Appendix C)
- Permit Application Payment Options
- Applicable Regulations
- Application EZ Guides
- Great Lakes Shoreline Management Permit Application
- Expedited Review Information for Minor Floodplain Projects
- Pre-application Meeting - Wetlands and Inland Lakes and Streams
- Pre-Application Meeting - Critical Dune Area, Word
- Pre-Application Meeting - Critical Dune Area, PDF
- Application for Special Exception in Critical Dune Areas, 1/2017
- Wetland Restoration and Enhancement Project Permit Applications
- JPA Public Noticing
- Minor Project Categories
- General Permit Categories
- Does my Project Need a Permit?
- Dredging Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Joint Permit Application Processing Flow Chart
- Maps, Forms and Documents
- MiWaters - How to Start a Joint Permit Application for a New Site
- MiWaters - How to Start a Joint Permit Application for an Existing Site
- MiWaters - Paying in MiWaters
- MiWaters - Permit Modification Request
- MiWaters - Revising a Submission
- MiWaters - Who to Contact