Michigan Agency for Energy: With propane supplies down, now is the time to lock in prices ahead of heating season
Michigan’s propane customers are advised to lock in fuel prices now, well ahead of the heating season, says the Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE).
“U.S. propane supplies are noticeably below last year’s levels, putting upward pressure on prices. It pays to sign contracts now – instead of waiting until the winter when demand is higher,” said Valerie Brader, MAE’s executive director. “Doing it soon can result in significant savings.”
Check out MAE’s new propane public service announcement:
Solar array on rooftop of River Rouge City Hall
River Rogue taking a community approach to reduce energy waste
River Rogue taking a community approach to reduce energy waste All over Michigan, communities are cutting their energy costs by implementing energy waste reduction at public facilities, thanks to grants from the Michigan Agency for Energy.
Last year, the City of River Rouge, received a Community Energy Management (CEM) grant from the Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE).
Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Agency for Energy’s (MAE) mission is to advance an adaptable, affordable, reliable, and environmentally-protective energy future for Michigan. Our work focuses on several areas:
- LED Exterior Lighting Rebate Program
The Michigan Energy Office (MEO) is offering rebates to eligible applicants to upgrade existing public exterior lighting with light emitting diode (LED) lights.
- Michigan QECB Allocation RFA posted
MAE has posted a Request for Applications (RFA) for state Qualified Energy Conservation Bond (QECB) allocations. QECB allocations lower financing costs for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Report To The Legislature
Review of Policies Relating to Carbon Dioxide Capture from Industrial Sources and the Use and Sequestration of Captured Carbon Dioxide in Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- The Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Information for new programs
- Electrify America - A Partnership with Michigan
Michigan partners join forces to submit an integrated vision for electric vehicle infrastructure and mobility support in response to the Volkswagen Group of America’s Electrify America RFP.
- Efforts to reduce energy waste in Durand and Harper Woods receive State of Michigan support
- Michigan Agency for Energy offers matching rebates for conversion to LED interior lighting in commercial buildings
- Michigan Agency for Energy announces financial assistance for energy waste reduction in manufacturing processes
- Catch the Michigan Agency for Energy, MPSC at the U.P. State Fair
- Michigan Agency for Energy issues Request for Proposals for 100,000 in grants for energy waste reduction, renewable energy products and services
- Michigan Agency for Energy: With propane supplies down, now is the time to lock in prices ahead of heating season