Jake Wilkinson of the Michigan Energy Office accepts a plaque from
Consumers Energy recognizing the ENERGY STAR certification
The kudos keep coming for the Michigan Agency for Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission for earning the respected ENERGY STAR certification for 2017 from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The certification is awarded to buildings that meet strict energy efficiency standards.
The ENERGY STAR decal was placed on the building that houses the two agencies in Lansing, and Consumers Energy recognized the certification with a plaque. The building is in Consumers Energy’s service territory.
How efficient is the MAE/MPSC building? It outperforms 97 percent of similar buildings in the U.S.
To showcase innovation and best practices, the Michigan Energy Office recently hosted an informational session on electric vehicle (EV) charging for state and local governments that are considering installing charging stations.
Check out the video to see highlights of what was covered.
Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Agency for Energy’s (MAE) mission is to advance an adaptable, affordable, reliable, and environmentally-protective energy future for Michigan. Our work focuses on several areas:
- Customer Assistance
- Energy Security
- Energy Reliability
- Energy Policy and Expertise
- Innovation and Best Practices
The building that houses the Michigan Agency for Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission has earned the respected ENERGY STAR certification, awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to buildings that meet strict energy waste reduction standards.
The Michigan Agency for Energy has two rebate programs for conversion to LED lighting, one for converting streetlights and the other for commercial buildings. For more information, contact Jake Wilkinson at WilkinsonJ8@michigan.gov.
- Report To The Legislature
Review of Policies Relating to Carbon Dioxide Capture from Industrial Sources and the Use and Sequestration of Captured Carbon Dioxide in Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- The Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Information for new programs
- Electrify America - A Partnership with Michigan
Michigan partners join forces to submit an integrated vision for electric vehicle infrastructure and mobility support in response to the Volkswagen Group of America’s Electrify America RFP.
- Straits investigation continues with anticipated launch of underwater vehicles to inspect ATC, Enbridge lines
- Michigan Energy Office: Take the Michigan Green Communities Challenge to move toward increased sustainability at the local level
- With severe weather on its way, Michigan Agency for Energy offers tips on staying safe during and after storm
- MAE: March 31 deadline approaches for Governor's Energy Excellence Awards nominations
- Spots still available for Building Operator Certification training in Saginaw that reaps energy savings; MAE offers $400 discount
- Additional webinar on solar energy scheduled for farmers, heavy interest in another session leads to relocating to larger venue