Transportation Alternatives Program
Application and Program Information
- Project Competitiveness Details It is important for potential applicants to understand what makes a project competitive for TAP funding. Please review this guidance document and discuss your project idea with a Grant Coordinator.
- Grant Application Planning Guide The planning guide assists applicants plan project timelines for potential grant applications. Applications are accepted year round.
- Apply OnlineWe are currently accepting applications for funding in Fiscal Year 2015 (which starts October 1, 2014) and beyond. Please call the grant coordinator for your area before you start an application. Applications must be submitted in the MDOT Grant System. For instructions on how to register for MGS, click here. See a sample application.
A portion of TAP funding is available through a competitive grant process administered by Metropolitan Planning Organizations in urban areas with populations greater than 200,000:
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments
- Grand Valley Metro Council
- Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission
- Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
- Kalamazoo Area Transportation Study
- Southwest Michigan Planning Commission