Skip Navigation
SOS - Secretary of State | SOS Secretary of State | SOS
Secretary of State | SOS
Email this Page
Share this Link on Facebook
Tweet this page on Twitter!
Driver's License & State ID
  • Sign Up For Sos NewsSign up for SOS News! Find out everything that's going on in the Department of State by reading the SOS-Express Newsletter. To receive the newsletter in your email inbox or to receive texts, go to our sign-up page.
  • Graduated Driver's License Restrictions Driving restrictions for teens with a Level 2 graduated driver's license (GDL).
  • SAVE Awareness Video for Driver's License & State ID Applicants This video explains how SAVE functions to help many local, state and federal government agencies verify immigration status.
  • Basic Driver Improvement Course The Basic Driver Improvement Course program permits eligible drivers to take a driver improvement course, either on-line or in a classroom.
  • CDL Self and Medical Certification Because of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations, drivers who are renewing, correcting or applying for an original Commercial Driver License (CDL) must self-certify which type of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) operation they will perform.
Learn about: Obtaining your first Michigan driver's license, including the GDL for persons under 18 years of age, license requirements for new residents, and special needs for motorists who need interpreters and translated tests.
Learn about: Obtaining personal identification cards (PID) for Michigan residents, senior citizens, children and drivers whose driving privileges have been terminated.
Learn about: Michigan's driver education programs, including information for administrators and instructors.
Learn about: Information for parents and their teens to help them navigate through Michigan's Graduated Driver License system.
Learn about: Find Information about aging drivers and their families.
Learn about: Michigan's driving skills testing services and Road Skills Testing Organization Locator.
Learn about: The driver record point system; probationary program for new Michigan drivers, alcohol/drug, non-alcohol, and non-driving-related offenses/convictions; appeal process and programs that deny access to your vehicle.
Learn about: Information for sponsors and citizens about the Department of State Basic Driver Improvement Course.
Learn about: Administrating the Michigan Motorcycle Safety Program is an important aspect of the Department of State's traffic safety mission.
Learn about: Services for Michigan armed forces and veterans.
Learn about: Emergency Medical Card/Patient Advocate
Learn about: Michigan Driver's License and State ID through Publications. Find the most requested forms.

Copyright © 2015 State of Michigan