- The Parole Consideration Process
The 10-member Parole Board is divided into three-member panels. Each case is assigned to a panel and the decision whether or not to grant parole is made by majority vote of that panel. The exception to this procedure is lifer cases.
- Crime Victim Services
- Notification to Crime Victims and Other Concerned Citizens
- Michigan Crime Victim Notification Network (MCVNN)
- What can I do if I am threatened or receive unwanted correspondence or telephone calls from an offender under the Department's jurisdiction?
- Crime Victim's Rights Act
Forms and Brochures
- Crime Victim Services Brochure Brochure provides a summary of information the victim will receive in the form of written correspondence from the Michigan Department of Corrections.
- Prison Notification Request Form Victims, Co-Victims, and other concerned citizens may request notification regarding a prisoner's status while incarcerated with the Michigan Department of Corrections.
- Application for Probation Registration Form Once the MDOC has received your request for probation registration, we will send you a letter of acknowledgment. As a registered victim of a probation case, the ONLY notification you will receive is if the offender's probation is revoked and a prison sentence is imposed.
- Victim Information Notification Everyday (MI-VINE)
Brochure provides a summary of information the victim will receive in the form of automated phone calls from the Michigan Department of Corrections.