- CORRECTION: Revises number of first doses administered from 5.5 million to 3.5 million.
MDHHS COVID-19 vaccine dashboard receives upgrades to improve information sharing
- MDHHS extends epidemic order, strengthens mask requirement for children; Order expands mask requirement to children ages 2-4 as recommended by American Academy of Pediatrics
- Michigan overdose deaths decrease again in 2019, with a greater decline than in 2018; Opioid overdose deaths also decrease as state efforts pay off
- Michigan temporarily pausing use of Johnson & Johnson
vaccine based on FDA and CDC guidance
FDA and CDC are reviewing six cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot
- Michigan Suicide Prevention Commission report makes lowering suicide rate a priority, offers recommendations; Someone dies by suicide every six hours in the state Newsroom