COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- Gypsy moth feeding season nearing its end
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Seeks Proposals for Food Safety Education and Training Grants
- Governor Whitmer Proclaims June as Michigan Dairy Month
- MDARD announces public input opportunity for 2022 Rural Development Fund grants guidelines
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
Find the latest hemp news and updates and access forms, laws and regulations, and resources.
- 2021 Fair Inspection Transition Project
Important information for food vendors at Michigan fairs this summer.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan's food and agriculture industry.
- Ag Disaster Geographic Information System (GIS) viewer
Find out if your county falls within a declared disaster area. Download a list of Current Michigan Crop Disaster Designations (6/8/21).