COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- Consumer Advisory: Pica Farms ordered to stop processing and selling cider due to insanitary conditions at its cider mill
- MDARD awards $6.5 million to conservation districts for soil, water, wildlife protection
- Reminder: Take precautions during Halloween celebrations to stay safe
- MDARD Announces Grant Opportunity for Counties and Townships with Qualified Farmland Preservation Programs
- USDA approves Michigan's industrial hemp state plan
- MDARD Announces 2020 Specialty Crop Block Grant Recipients
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates. Click here to launch the GIS viewer.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.