MDARD Celebrates 100 Years of Service
On July 1, 2021, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development marked a special milestone: the 100th anniversary of the department's creation. The law creating the Michigan Department of Agriculture, P.A. 13 of 1921, took effect on July 1, 1921. Throughout the coming year, MDARD will celebrate the department, its programs and employees, and Michigan's food and agriculture industry through a series of events, activities, social media features, podcasts and more.
COVID-19 Information and Updates
Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- PHOTO RELEASE: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Highlights Consumer Protections that Puts Michiganders First this Holiday Season
- Gov. Whitmer Announces Additional Funding to Assist Farmers with Specialty Crops
- PHOTOS: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Celebrates Small Business Saturday with Kluck Nursery
- Gov. Whitmer announces $1.4 million USDA Grants to help Small Agriculture Businesses
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
Find the latest hemp news and updates and access forms, laws and regulations, and resources.
- Michigan Food and Ag Jobs
Live, work and play in Michigan's robust and diverse food and agriculture industry.
- Ag Disaster Geographic Information System (GIS) viewer
Find out if your county falls within a declared disaster area. Download a list of Current Michigan Crop Disaster Designations (11/22/21).