COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- Food and Agriculture Housing Task Force
The task force would like to hear from you about housing needs of agricultural and food processing communities across Michigan. The feedback survey is available here.
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates. Click here for hemp licensing information.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.
- Michigan Farmers Eligible for Direct Assistance Through USDA's Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
- MDARD Offers Guidance to U-Pick Operations in Advance of Opening for the Season; Social distancing, wearing masks, enhanced cleaning among protocols
- State Agencies Team Up to Fill Critical Food and Ag Jobs
- State Cancels Public Meeting on Draft Lake Erie Adaptive Management Plan