For media inquiries, please contact Chris Gautz at 517-241-0363.
- Prisoners get one special day to parent behind bars
Mothers incarcerated at the Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility share one special day with their children full of hugs, tears, and laughter. The One Day With God camp was created by, Forgiven Ministries, a North Carolina-based non-profit, which has been putting on the camps in prisons around the country since 2004. The goal of the camps is to bring parents together with their children – who are the forgotten victims of the crimes their parents committed – with the goal that the children do not fall into the cycle of criminality their parents did.
- Metro Territory field offices help restore the city of Detroit
Agents and parolees renovate Detroit neighborhood during Life Remodeled event.
Wayne county probation and parole offices helped restore a Detroit neighborhood over three days in August as part of Life Remodeled a nonprofit that aims to revitalize pockets of the city.
- Governor tours skilled trades training program at Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility
Snyder has bolstered efforts to make Michigan a leader in developing skilled trades talent and was excited about the work happening at Handlon. “We couldn’t have something like this going on at a better time,” Snyder said.
- Jackson complex pond is nursery to Michigan walleye
In April, Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) staff released 500,000 frys—infant fish approximately the size of a mosquito—into a walleye rearing pond at the MDOC’s Jackson complex.
@MichiganDOC Twitter Feed
- 2015 Statistical Report (UPDATED September 15, 2016)
- 2014 Statistical Report (UPDATED 6-16-16)
- 2013 Statistical Report
- 2012 Statistical Report
- 2003-2011 Statistical Report Supplement - Court Dispositions - UPDATED 12/19/13
- 2011 Statistical Report
- 2010 Statistical Report
- 2009 Statistical Report
- 2008 Statistical Report
- 2007 Statistical Report
- 2006 Statistical Report
- 2005 Statistical Report
- 2004 Statistical Report
- 2003 Statistical Report
- 2002 Statistical Report
- 2001 Statistical Report
- 2000 Statistical Report
- 1999 Statistical Report
- 1998 Statistical Report