Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program
The Departments of Natural Resources, Environmental Quality and Agriculture and Rural Development have partnered to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication, and control for both terrestrial and aquatic invasive species in Michigan.
- Prevent new introductions of invasive species through outreach and education.
- Monitor for new invasive species as well as expansions of current invasive species.
- Respond and conduct eradication efforts to new findings and range expansions.
- Manage and control key colonized species in a strategic manner.
Tentative 2017 Grant Calendar
- Request for Proposals: May 2
- Informational Webinar: May 23
- Pre-proposal Deadline: June 13
- Invitations for Full Proposals: July 14
- Full Proposal Deadline: September 18
- Award Announcements: January 2018
- Executed Project Agreements: March 2018