Skip Navigation
Department of Agriculture and Rural Home
close print view
Licensing, Certification and Registration.  For more MDA licensing information, call 517-241-6666.

• Welcome to MDARD's Licensing, Certification and Registration Page!The department licenses a wide variety of businesses and services. Below you will find a list of them by TYPE, and also in ALPHABETICAL order. Not sure what license you need? Check out the LICENSING DECISION TREE. There is also a link below to help you replace a LOST OR MISPLACED license. If you still can't find what you're looking for, call us at 517-284-5771 and someone will be glad to assist you.

• Pesticide Applicators' Certification Examination Schedule Certified Pesticide Applicator and Registered Technician exams are offered by MDARD at various locations throughout the state by appointment. Schedule it at

• MDARD Licensing Decision Tree Find out if MDARD has the right license for you.

• MDARD Licenses Listed by Type All of MDARD's licenses on one easy page.

• MDARD Licenses Listed Alphabetically by License Name All of MDARD's licenses on one easy page.

• Have You Lost or Misplaced Your MDARD License? Request a Replacement Here! PDF icon MDARD provides a simple form allowing individuals and businesses to replace a misplaced MDARD license.

Click here for: Find a licensed firm in Michigan, from pesticide businesses to retail motor fuel stations (gas stations), and more.
Click here for: Information on licensing Michigan Ag Products, from Christmas trees to Animal Feed.
Click here for: Information on licensing pet shops, riding stables, fish farms, and more.
Click here for: Information on all types of food licensing, certifications and registrations. From dairy related to grocery stores, and more.
Click here for: For the registration of horses, breeders and owners so as to render them eligible for racing and breeder/owner awards.
Click here for: Good migrant labor housing is an essential element in securing an adequate supply of seasonal agricultural workers.
Click here for: Information on the registration of certifying agents, and handlers / producers.
Click here for: Info on pesticide registration, certification, and licensing of business, personnel and the pesticides themselves.
Click here for: Retail Motor Fuel Outlet licensing information, applications and forms.
Click here for: Info on Weights & Measures service person and agency registration, as well as weights and measures advisories.

Featured Links
 •  Export Marketing
 •  MDARD Emergency Contact
 •  Cottage Food Law
 •  Pesticide Certification Exams
 •  Start Your Business
 •  Grants & Funding
 •  Press Releases/Media Materials
 •  Apply for Food Service License
 •  Food Recalls
 •  Bringing Animals into Michigan
 •  Water Use Reporting
 •  Pesticide Re-Certification Seminars
Quick Links
 •  How to Start a Business
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan