The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Contact Us / File a Complaint
Main Phone Number: 800-292-3939
During regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm ET, please call the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development's Customer Service Center at 800-292-3939. If you have an emergency, please see our Emergency Contact Information.
MDARD's Lab Division
Laboratory Division: 517-284-0500
EC Heffron Metrology Lab: 517-655-8202
Constitution Hall, 6th Floor
525 W. Allegan Street
P.O. Box 30017
Lansing, MI 48909
File a Complaint
If you have information regarding potential unfair gasoline pricing practices, please call the Attorney General's Office at 877-765-8388 or file a gasoline price gouging complaint online.
Report an Unlicensed Pesticide Applicator Firm or Uncertified Pesticide Applicator
Use this form to contact MDARD regarding an unlicensed firm making pesticide applications or an individual making commercial pesticide applications without being certified.
Other Complaints: Click here for the MDARD complaint form page.
This online form allows you to submit food-related complaints (illness or not) along with pesticide or plant health complaints.
Motor Fuels Quality Hot Line: 800-MDA-FUEL or 800-632-3835
This number is used for reporting suspected adulteration of motor fuels or pump calibrations. It is posted on the pumps at every filling station in the state.
MDARD Emergency Contact Information
Agriculture Pollution/Spills Hot Line: 800-405-0101
This 24-hour hot line should be used for reporting accidental agricultural pesticide, fertilizer and manure spills.
Non-agriculture related spills, contact EGLE at 800-292-4706
Chemical spills not agriculture-related should be referred to the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy's Pollution Emergency Alerting System (PEAS) number, 800-292-4706.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES:
- If you have a human health emergency, please call 911.
- For animal emergencies, contact your veterinarian.
- For wildlife emergencies, contact local animal control or a Michigan Licensed Rehabilitator.
- For general wildlife inquiries, contact DNR.
For other emergencies call: 517-373-0440
This number should be used mainly by:
- Agriculture producers and food and feed manufacturers and retailers who have experienced damage or loss of crops and products through drought, flood, fire, etc.
- In many cases, MDARD works with producers to obtain federal disaster assistance, and with retailers to inspect products for possible salvage.
- Reportable animal disease outbreaks
- Accidental nuclear contamination/leaks
- Veterinarians needing to report unusual events or foreign animal diseases