Skip to main content

Contact Us / File a Complaint

General Information

View MDARD program descriptions and organizational structure.

Contact Information

Main Phone Number: 800-292-3939


During regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm ET, please call the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development's Customer Service Center at 800-292-3939. If you have an emergency, please see our Emergency Contact Information.

If you need to contact the agency after hours, please use the department contact form or email us at

MDARD's Lab Division
Laboratory Division: 517-284-0500
EC Heffron Metrology Lab: 517-655-8202

Mailing Address
Constitution Hall, 6th Floor
525 W. Allegan Street
P.O. Box 30017
Lansing, MI 48909

State of Michigan Employee Contact Directory

MDARD Freedom of Information (FOIA) Information

MDARD Lobbyable Public Officials

MDARD Transparency Liaison

File a Complaint

Gas Complaints
If you have information regarding potential unfair gasoline pricing practices, please call the Attorney General's Office at 877-765-8388 or file a gasoline price gouging complaint online.

Other Complaints: Click here for the MDARD complaint form page
This online form allows you to submit food-related complaints (illness or not) along with pesticide or plant health complaints. 

Motor Fuels Quality Hot Line: 800-MDA-FUEL or 800-632-3835
This number is used for reporting suspected adulteration of motor fuels or pump calibrations. It is posted on the pumps at every filling station in the state.

MDARD Emergency Contact Information

Agriculture Pollution/Spills Hot Line: 800-405-0101
This 24-hour hot line should be used for reporting accidental agricultural pesticide, fertilizer and manure spills.

Non-agriculture related spills, contact EGLE at 800-292-4706
Chemical spills not agriculture-related should be referred to the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy's Pollution Emergency Alerting System (PEAS) number, 800-292-4706.

AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES - If you have a human health emergency, please call 911. For animal emergencies, contact your veterinarian or local animal control office.

For other emergencies call: 517-373-0440
This number should be used mainly by agriculture producers and food and feed manufacturers and retailers who have experienced damage or loss of crops and products through drought, flood, fire, etc. In the event of reportable animal disease outbreaks or accidental nuclear contamination/leaks, this number should also be used. Veterinarians should also use this number for foreign animal diseases or unusual events. In many cases, MDARD works with producers to obtain federal disaster assistance, and with retailers to inspect products for possible salvage.