Milk Transportation Company / Tank Truck / Can Milk Truck Details & FAQ
- Expiration: varies
- Fee: varies (see below)
- Email: email@example.com or Phone: 800-292-3939
- Forms: DY-305
Who needs a license?
Anyone who owns a bulk milk tank truck is required to be a Milk Transportation Company and get a license for each individual milk tank truck.
You are a Can Milk Transportation Company if you pick up milk cans and deliver them to a dairy plant, receiving station or transfers station.
What fees are required? How long is the license good for? Is it pro-rated?
The Milk Transportation Companies are required to pay a $50 fee and an additional $20 per milk tank truck.
There is no fee for a can milk transportation company; there is a $20 fee for each can milk truck.
This license is not pro-rated.
How do I apply for a license?
An individual should apply for a license by using the application form DY-305.
Are there any special requirements to obtain a license?
Yes. An inspection is required.
Who do I contact for an inspection?
An individual who is interested in being licensed as a milk transportation company should contact the Lansing office at 800-292-3939.
Procedures for licensing Milk Transportation Companies and Milk Tank Trucks in accordance with the
Grade "A" Milk Law of 2001
There are several steps to licensing a Milk Transportation Company / Milk Tank Truck:
- If operating a self-owned truck, a milk transportation company license is required which entails a $50 fee and completion of form DY-305.
- For further information, take a look at DY-301 (New Grade A Hauler Application), DY-304 (Grade A Renewal Form), and DY-356. These may or may not apply to your specific situation.
- Requests for additional information can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures for licensing a Can Milk Truck as per the Manufacturing Milk Law of 2001
To license a Can Milk Truck:
- Complete form DY-305 and mail it to the address at the top of the form.
- Include a check to cover the $20 fee.
- An inspection will follow.
- Review the Milk Can Truck inspection form DY-357, .
- Requests for additional information can be made by email to