Section 31a At-Risk
(Requires the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader ver 5.0.) Some PDFs are large and may take several minutes to open.
Program Description: Section 31a of the State School Aid Act provides funding to eligible districts, public school academies or the Education Achievement Authority for instructional and pupil support services who meet the at-risk identification characteristics specified in the legislation. These characteristics include low achievement on State- or local-administered assessments in mathematics, English language arts, social studies or science; failure to meet proficiency standards in reading by the end of 3rd grade or career and college readiness for high school students at the end of 12th grade; a victim of child abuse or neglect; is a pregnant teenager or teenage parent; has a family history of school failure, incarceration or substance abuse; is a pupil in a priority or priority successor school; and in the absence of State or local assessment data, meets at least two or more identified risk factors. Section 31a funds are limited to instructional services, and direct non-instructional services to pupils. They may not be used for administration or other related costs.
- Section 31a State Aid Changes Review Posted 10/7/15
- Section 31a Q&A Posted 10/6/15
- Identification Worksheet for Section 31a Pupils 2015-16 Directions Posted 10/6/15
- Identification Worksheet for Section 31a Pupils 2015-16 Posted 10/7/15
- Section 31a District Study Guide with Explanations Posted 10/7/15
- Section 31a District Study Guide without Explanations Posted 10/7/15
- Section 31a Legislation Updated 11/5/15
The 2014-15 Section 31a Program Report will be due on July 15, 2015, and will be submitted through the Michigan Electronic Grants System Plus (MEGS+).