- Feedback or issues Help us to improve our certification system by telling us what we can do to help you!
- Like us on Facebook for information and updates!
Phone support during the month of August is available Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 11:00am and 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Please consult the Facts On Educator Certification document before contacting MOECS Support.Many questions may be answered by reviewing the information provided.
When a certificate application is submitted via MOECS, the status will be "PENDING PAYMENT". Once paid, it will change to "WAITING FOR DOCUMENTS". When all documents are received, the status will change to "PENDING EVALUATION". Once the status is in "PENDING EVALUATION", please wait patiently. You will receive an e-mail with additional instructions if for some reason we need to place your application on "HOLD", otherwise, you will receive an e-mail when the application has been "APPROVED". Once approved, you can log back into MOECS and print your certificate.Professional educator certificate RENEWALS are valid upon payment and may be printed immediately thereafter.
- Search the catalog for opportunities.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Most certificates expire on June 30 of the year of expiration. All certificate applications are processed as 'first come - first serve' and expediting services are not available. Processing time is impacted when application supporting documentation is not complete. Please be sure to print the cover letter generated for your application and follow the directions thoroughly.
- Educator Certification Verification Search to verify status of Michigan Teacher Certificate and/or valid permits (expired permits do not appear in search results).