Schools throughout the state are working hard to create healthier nutrition environments for students. Whether you’re a parent, teacher, administrator, or community member, it is important to get involved in school-based initiatives targeting the health of our children. If you have questions about School Nutrition Programs or Coordinated School Health and Safety Programs, please contact Whitney Vance, Nutrition Education Consultant, at (517) 241-4437.
- Michigan Junior Chef Competition Cookbooks, pictures, videos, and more! The 2015 Michigan Junior Chef Cook-off Competition was held on May 3, 2015, at Michigan State University.
- Smart Snacks in Schools These new nutrition standards apply to all foods and beverages sold to students during the school day, including in schools' vending machines, stores, snack carts and a la carte lines, as well as in-school fundraising.
- CSHP Tri-County Community Obesity Forum - October 5 2005 Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- Michigan Action for Healthy Kids - Show To Go This PowerPoint presentation, developed by Michigan Action for Healthy Kids' Western Region, was created for health advocates who want to "sell" healthier school environments to school boards, educators, and parents. Adapt, edit, and use as you wish.
- Model Local Wellness Policy Adopted October 11, 2005
- Local Wellness Policy Implementation Grant Data Report
Parent Champions for School Wellness Initiative Report
How Students Drive Local Wellness Policy Changes in Districts
- School Needs Assessment: Focused on Nutrition and Physical Activity 2007
- Tips and Tools to Help Implement Michigan's Healthy Food and Beverages Policy September 2004
- Policy on Offering Healthy Food and Beverages In Venues Outside of the Federally Regulated Child Nutrition Programs Adopted December 18, 2003