- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) 2017 Public Reporting Data Available
Michigan's 2017 school district performance data for students with an Individualized Education Program are now available, as required by the IDEA.
These data provide districts and communities an opportunity to see what is working well in special education for children and students from ages 3 through 21, and to identify what aspects need improvement. Reporting areas include Graduation, Dropout, Statewide Assessment, and Parent Involvement.
- Policy for the Emergency Use of Seclusion and Restraint
- Measurable Annual Goals and Short Term Objectives
- Michigan Special Education Reference
MI-SER provides access to state and federal special education law and policy information and resources. The database features a comprehensive search functionality allowing users to research relevant information.
- Dispute Resolution/Mediation Services
- Michigan School for the Deaf
- Low Incidence Outreach
- VI & DHH Consortia for Teacher Preparation The Michigan Department of Education has partnered with several out-of-state institutions of higher education that have teacher preparation programs, as well as with schools and agencies for the blind and Michigan institutions of higher education, to deliver an online endorsement program that will permit certified teachers to obtain an additional endorsement on their Michigan teaching certificate in either deaf/hard of hearing or visual impairment.
- Sign-up to receive OSE email updates
- About OSE
- Contact Information
- Office of Special Education Directory and Overview
An overview of activities and initiatives within the MDE, Office of Special Education.