- Discipline Data Analysis and Monitoring
Federal laws and regulations require states to monitor discipline data. Monitoring discipline data is important because exclusionary practices, such as suspension and expulsion, are often associated with unfavorable student outcomes. This series of videos helps explain why it is important and how Michigan collects and analyzes data.
- Measurable Annual Goals Guidance
The Office of Special Education developed this guidance document to assist with the development of measurable annual goals.
- Michigan Special Education Reference MI-SER provides access to state and federal special education law and policy information and resources. The database features a comprehensive search functionality allowing users to research relevant information.
- VI & DHH Consortia for Teacher Preparation The Michigan Department of Education has partnered with several out-of-state institutions of higher education that have teacher preparation programs, as well as with schools and agencies for the blind and Michigan institutions of higher education, to deliver an online endorsement program that will permit certified teachers to obtain an additional endorsement on their Michigan teaching certificate in either deaf/hard of hearing or visual impairment.
- Sign-up to receive OSE email updates
- Dispute Resolution/Mediation Services
- About OSE
- Contact Information
- Office of Special Education Directory and Overview
An overview of activities and initiatives within the MDE, Office of Special Education.