Like us on Facebook and receive notification of the latest news and upcoming events at www.facebook.com/MIEducator.
The Office of Professional Preparation Services (OPPS) is responsible for ensuring qualified educators by implementing requirements for their initial preparation and certification, and certificate renewal based on appropriate professional development to enhance instruction and achievement for all students.
- Contact Information
- Customer Service SurveyPlease complete our five question online survey. Customer feedback allows our office to celebrate and improve the service that we provide.
- Appropriate Use of DPPD Hours for Teacher Certification
- Policy Brief Regarding the Professional Readiness Examination Alternative Pass Measures on the Professional Readiness Exam brief includes methodology, analysis and policy recommendations.
- Use of Non-Certificated Teachers
- Clarification on Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) Vendors/contractors and management companies who place contract personnel such as substitute teachers, bus drivers, food service, janitorial, etc., are not eligible to receive the CHRI effective January 1, 2014.
- District Provided Professional Development Documentation Required for the Renewal of the Professional and Occupational Certificates
- Educator Certification Administrative Rules
- NCLB & Highly Qualified Information
- Alternate Route to Interim Teacher Certification Information
- Educator Certification verificationSearch to verify status of Michigan Teacher Certificate and/or valid permits (expired permits do not appear in search results).