- Feedback or issues Help us to improve our certification system by telling us what we can do to help you!
- Like us on Facebook for information and updates!
MOECS is a secure web-based system that allows educators access to their certification data, apply for certificates and endorsements, and renew their certificates.
- E-mail: MOECSSupport@Michigan.gov
Assistance is available during regular business hours but not during evenings, weekends, and state government holidays. State government offices are CLOSED on December 24, 25, and 31, 2014, and January 1, 2015.
Please consult the Facts On Educator Certification document before contacting MOECS Support. Many questions may be answered by reviewing the information provided.
When a certificate application is submitted via MOECS, the status will be "PENDING PAYMENT". Once paid, it will change to "WAITING FOR DOCUMENTS". When all documents are received, the status will change to "PENDING EVALUATION". Once the status is in "PENDING EVALUATION", please wait patiently. You will receive an e-mail with additional instructions if for some reason we need to place your application on "HOLD", otherwise, you will receive an e-mail when the application has been "APPROVED". Once approved, you can log back into MOECS and print your certificate. Professional educator certificate RENEWALS are valid upon payment and may be printed immediately thereafter.
- Search the catalog for opportunities.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Educator Certification verification Search to verify status of Michigan Teacher Certificate and/or valid permits (expired permits do not appear in search results).