- Great Start Readiness Program
The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is Michigan's state-funded preschool program for four-year-old children with factors which may place them at risk of educational failure. The program is administered by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Great Start. Funding is allocated to each intermediate school district to administer the program locally.
Research on preschool programs and specific research on GSRP indicates that children provided with a high-quality preschool experience show significant positive developmental differences when compared to children from the same backgrounds who did not attend a high-quality preschool program.
Parents, for more information and to find a program in your area, visit the GSRP Map.
Providers, please see below for specific information about GSRP requirements and reports.
Did You Know?
"Did you know?" is a new feature of the GSRP website where both helpful early childhood information and GSRP specific tips will be posted. When new items are added, the old will be archived. There will be a link for users to click to view archived posts.
Did you know?
Determining the exact percent of Federal Poverty Level (FPL) can be done quickly and easily with this online FPL calculator created just for GSRP? Simply enter income and family size and click ‘Calculate’. The tool does the rest providing the FPL to the exact percent. Be sure to bookmark the site so it’s handy during enrollment and file reviews!
Archive: Did you know
- Michigan's Great Start Readiness Program Supports Dual Language Learners
- Michigan's Great Start Readiness Program: Replicating Evidence of Impact in Rural Michigan
- Michigan's Great Start Readiness Program: New Evidence of Impact
- Great Start Readiness Program Evaluation by HighScope Confirms Positive Student Impact
- PQA & Staff Characteristics Reports
- Child Risk Factor Reports
- Early Childhood Specialist Webinars
- Great Start to Quality
- Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children (MiAEYC)
- 2016 ISD Early Childhood Contacts
- MI Head Start Association - Grantees & Delegates
- Online HighScope Public Forums
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)