The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is Michigan's state-funded preschool program for four-year-old children with factors which may place them at risk of educational failure. The program is administered by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Great Start. Funding is allocated to each intermediate school district to administer the program locally.
Research on preschool programs and specific research on GSRP indicates that children provided with a high-quality preschool experience show significant positive developmental differences when compared to children from the same backgrounds who did not attend a high-quality preschool program.
Parents, for more information and to find a program in your area, visit the Great Start to Quality website.
Providers, please see below for specific information about GSRP requirements and reports.
- 2016-17 Signed CNAA Memorandum
- 2016-17 CNAA Email Announcement 1/07/2016
- 2016 Program Implementation Plan Presentation
- 2016 GSRP Implementation Plan Handout- 10/8/2015
- GSRP MEGS+ Instructions
- MEGS Security Authorization Instructions
- Michigan Education Information System (MEIS) Instructions
- GEMS/MARS Website