The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is Michigan's state-funded preschool program for four-year-old children with factors which may place them at risk of educational failure. The program is administered by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Great Start. Funding is allocated to each intermediate school district to administer the program locally.
Research on preschool programs and specific research on GSRP indicates that children provided with a high-quality preschool experience show significant positive developmental differences when compared to children from the same backgrounds who did not attend a high-quality preschool program.
Parents, for more information and to find a program in your area, visit the GSRP Map.
Providers, please see below for specific information about GSRP requirements and reports.
Did You Know?
"Did you know?" is a new feature of the GSRP website where both helpful early childhood information and GSRP specific tips will be posted. When new items are added, the old will be archived. There will be a link for users to click to view archived posts.
Did you know?
HighScope offers FREE annual membership that gives us access to video clips of active learning along with best teaching practices, tips, and activities that you can apply in your preschool classroom. It’s FREE on-demand professional learning for you and your GSRP team! An exclusive new resource is The Active Learner; the Fall 2017 issue mentioned GSRP in its article on How to Make The Most of Home Visits. Visit HighScope to learn more and to register.
Archive: Did you know
- Michigan's Great Start Readiness Program Supports Dual Language Learners
- Michigan's Great Start Readiness Program: Replicating Evidence of Impact in Rural Michigan
- Michigan's Great Start Readiness Program: New Evidence of Impact
- Great Start Readiness Program Evaluation by HighScope Confirms Positive Student Impact
- Child Risk Factor Reports
- PQA & Staff Characteristics Reports
- Early Childhood Specialist Webinars
- Great Start to Quality
- Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children (MiAEYC)
- 2016 ISD Early Childhood Contacts
- MI Head Start Association - Grantees & Delegates
- Online HighScope Public Forums
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)